Today's (Oct 17) Vancouver Sun article features hats by The Saucy Milliner, a local milliner was creates couture hats and fascinators for women and recently, children (The Saucy Pups line).
These hats are fur felt hats blocked on new and vintage wood blocks in various shapes and sizes. Everything is hand-sewn and NO gluegun is EVER used for trimming the hats. Lots of hardwork is put in precision cutting and sewing that every owner of a Saucy Milliner hat is sure to have the best atop their head. The same goes for fascinators made of horsehair, sinamay, crin, parisisal, etc. No gluegun. This is what differentiates the Saucy Milliner from other couture milliners based in Vancouver.
Furthermore, for those of you who watch Once Upon A Time, she was the real 'Mad Hatter' who created the Mad Hatter magic portal top hat. If that top hat isn't something you can imagine yourself wearing, you may have liked her Princess Abigail riding hat in S1. ;) Wasn't it beautiful?
I know you will love her creations as much as I do! :)
SAUCY MILLINER FEATURED IN OTHER ARTICLES
- 'Kiss Me Kate' featured in Wedding Bells
I awoke at 2am PST, just in time to see Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie enter St Paul's. I'd meant to wake up at 1:15 to give myself some time before CBC's live broadcast at 1:30. I'd slept a few minutes before 1 and had, in fact, woken up at 1:15. No sooner as I'd turned off my alarm, I went back to sleep - then jolted myself awake at 2! I frantically rushed to my laptop on my desk, yanked it to my bed (so that I may stay warm) and quickly clicked around CBC to find the live stream. Must say it was rather difficult to find - but I'm glad I didn't miss anything important.
- Queen Elizabeth wins for best colour - mint green. I don't know why but I really like today's choice!
- Prince Charles wins for best dressed gentleman
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, wins for best dress (by McQueen). Did not like Kate's hat/fascinator - the flower is odd-looking and is too big.
- Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wins for worst hat (don't know why she insists on massive hats or fascinators that cover her hair and practically dominate her) and outfit (the 'gold' seems to outshine the Queen)