I had wanted to visit Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium in London ever since I’d visited the cat cafe in Munich. When the opportunity to have a two-for-one cream tea (or maybe it was just a pot of tea per person) came up last January, I immediately seized the deal. My tea experience at Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium, however turned out to be quite different than I had expected.
What I liked:
- Seeing lots of cute cats
- Fresh lavender tea made with lavender buds
- Creative cat-friendly interior
- Afternoon tea is more affordable at £25 per person with options for all dietary requirements. We didn’t have afternoon tea but I imagine it would be worth having afternoon tea here.
What I disliked:
- All cats were not as human-friendly as we would have liked. In fact, I think they preferred the staff members and avoided the rest of us. Very sad for someone who missed her cat!
- Walk-in fee of £10 (but cuppa included). This is also the case in Vancouver’s Catfe but it’s free in Munich. It wouldn’t have been a problem if the cats were more social. 🙁 But rent needs to be paid and cats need to be fed!
- Difficulty to book something for the weekend or evening due to its popularity.
It’s still worth going IF you’re a cat person!
Address: 152-154 Bethnal Green Road, London, E2 6DG
Hours of operation: Friday – Monday: 10am-6pm / Tuesday & Thursday 11am-6pm / Closed Wednesdays