In less than one month, Queen Elizabeth II will turn 90! There are many upcoming events and activities in her honour so have a look at the list below:
- Sunday, 27 March at 20.00 – Our Queen at 90 on ITV
A two-hour documentary on the Queen featuring interviews with the senior royals.
- Thursday, 4 April – end of August – HM The Queen’s 90th Birthday Afternoon Tea at The Goring
The best hotel in London with tip top service! Afternoon tea appears to be served on this year’s 90th birthday chinaware from The Royal Collection.
- 18-24 April – Royal Collection Prêt-à-Portea at the Berkeley
Enjoy a royal-themed afternoon tea at the Berkeley Hotel with delectable royal hats (and handbag)! Afternoon tea costs £45 per person or £52/58 with champagne. There is also the possibility to learn how to make your own royal treats and enjoy the Pret-a-Portea with champagne for £150.
- Wednesday 20 April – Queen at 90 on Sky News
Another documentary on the Queen with some comments from Prince William, and Earl and Countess of Wessex.
- Thursday, 21 April – Elizabeth at 90 – A Family Tribute on BBC
We will see some private footage from the Queen’s personal collection. The BBC documentary airs at 9pm.
- Thursday 12 – Sunday 15 May – The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration at Windsor
Daily shows and acts at Windsor Castle, featuring more than 900 horses and 1500 participants! The Queen is expected to make an appearance on the final night, which will be broadcast live on ITV and will be hosted by Ant and Dec.
- Friday, 10 June – National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s Cathedral
This day so happens to be Prince Philip’s 95th birthday, although the thanksgiving service will be in the Queen’s honour.
- Saturday, 11 June – Trooping the Colour
The annual Queen’s birthday parade on Horse Guards Parade. Just in case you can’t make it (or if you hate crowds), this will be broadcast live on ITV.
- Saturday, 11 June – Sunday, 12 June – The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration Tea at the Dorchester
A special afternoon tea with a glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne in The Promenade.
- Sunday, 12 June – Patron’s Lunch in The Mall
This street party is mainly for the 600+ charities and organisations that the Queen supports. Members of the public, however, can still take part in the festivities as there will be large screens in Green Park and St James’s Park.