Two weeks ago, I was inspired by Glossier to share what my essential beauty products are to enhance – rather than hide – my natural features. One thing I like about Glossier is the belief that:
“…beauty should be fun, easy, imperfect, and personal.”
We often become focused on transforming our faces into a portrait of perfection, as if what we were born with is simply not good enough.
So, here’s what I’m currently using (not counting cleansers):
Before I leave home
- Anti-Blemish Ointment – First, I target all the blemishes on my face. I like to use products that have tea tree oil in the ingredients as I find them more effective (and I like the tingling feeling – it’s as if I know that it’s actually doing something). I’m currently using Boot’s Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Spot Wand.
- Face Lotion – A must everyday of the year! I usually try to find something light and moisturising – and on sale. I am currently using Garnier’s Skin Moisture Match Protect & Glow, which gives my face a natural glow. Two of my favourite face creams are Nivea’s Daily Essentials Express Primer and Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream. One product I would like to try from Glossier is their Priming Moisturiser: it moisturises, evens skin tone, helps minimise the appearance of pores, soothes redness, and can be applied under tinted moisturisers. I love all-in-one products!
- Eye Roll-On – I am not a morning person at all so these eye roll-ons not only keep the delicate skin under my eyes hydrated but act as a ‘morning coffee’ (I don’t drink coffee but I think the majority of my readers do and understand what I mean) to my eyes. I am currently using Boots Time Delay Anti-Ageing Youth Maintain De-Puffing Eye Roll-On, though I can’t say it significantly reduces my the appearance of my dark circles.
- Light Coverage – When my skin isn’t spotty with blemishes, I’ll use Origins VitaZing SPF 15. Otherwise, I’ve been using Garnier’s Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller, which surprisingly also does a splendid job as a BB Cream (without the creamy texture) on the rest of the face. It won’t hide my brown spots, but at least it evens my skin tone! Glossier offers a Perfecting Skin Tint in 5 adaptable shades.
- Eyelash Curler – What a difference visible lashes make to one’s appearance! I use Japonesque Go Curl Pocket Lash Curler on my straight lashes to keep them curled all day. Best eyelash curler ever!
- Mascara – If I only had 5 min. to get ready, I would choose mascara and tinted lip balm to keep me from looking like I had just rolled out of bed (which is probably the case). My absolute favourite mascara at the moment is Charlotte Tilbury’s Full Fat Lashes. Lashes still look natural but are fanned out and more visible. I then coat them one of my favourite waterproof mascaras: Lancôme’s Hypnôse Dolly Eyes or L’Oréal’s False Lash Butterfly.
- Eyebrow Gel – I have funny eyebrows that are bald in some areas and generally prefer to be vertical. I brush Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Brow on my brows to keep them in place. They’re also waterproof so I don’t have to worry about rainy days!
- Lips – With naturally pigmented lips, sometimes I’m good to go. However, sometimes my lips look greyer than I’d like them to be so I’ll apply Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N9 Copper Pink, which is the closest to my natural lip colour. If I want a pop of colour, I’ll apply Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb (although sheer, this is probably considered masking my natural lip colour).
- Blusher – I usually forget to apply Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush (natural pink) on my cheeks because I know my cheeks will naturally produce a pinkish tint within an hour of being outdoors.
On the go
Once I’ve applied the above-mentioned products, there are only a few products that I need to carry in my purse:
- Eye Roll-On – Sometimes I’m more tired than usual.
- Lip Colour – Keep lips moisturised with colour.
- Anti-Blemish Wand – Might as well try to speed up the healing process.
- Face Mist – This is a summer essential to keep my skin hydrated and cool. I’ve been using La Roche Posay’s Thermal Spring Water or just tap water. Glossier has a Soothing Face Mist with roses and aloe to keep skin hydrated and soothed. I love roses!
[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”autopx” height=”” background_color=”#c9efd3″ border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” inside_shadow=”false” ]This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a very small compensation if you click on the link and when you purchase an item. This allows me to keep my site running. Thank you for your support![/dropshadowbox]