Liquorice & Peppermint Tea

Happy International Tea Day!

I’m not sure why there’s an international day for tea when for many of us, everyday is tea day (I don’t drink coffee). Oh well, here’s to tea! My top favourite teas are: peppermint, liquorice / licorice, Lady Grey, rose, and Earl Grey. Imagine my delight when I learned that my top two favourites, peppermint and liquorice, have their own fusion in Britain (I haven’t seen anything similar in Germany or Canada so if you have, do let me know)! I’ve only tried two brands so far but will most likely purchase more tea in the new year (I’m trying to save money at the moment).

  • Pukka:
  • Peppermint & Licorice
    • Cost: £2.39
    • Sachets/temples per box: 20
    • Caffeine-free
    • Ratio: Liquorice root (40%), peppermint leaf (60%)
  • Refresh
    • Cost: £2.39
    • Sachets/temples per box: 20
    • Caffeine-free
    • Ratio: Peppermint leaves (50%), liquorice root, sweet fennel seed (10%), hibiscus flower, rose flower (5%), coriander seed
    • My review: I chose this because this fusion combined three of my favourites – peppermint, liquorice, and rose. I would suggest letting it seep for 1-2min max if you want to be able to taste all three. Otherwise, it’s a somewhat unpleasant combination.
Pukka Refresh Tea

Pukka Refresh Tea

  • Teapigs: Liquorice & Peppermint
    • Cost: £4.49 or £11.45
    • Sachets/temples per box: 15 or 50
    • Caffeine-free
    • Biodegradable tea temples
    • Ratio: liquorice root (70%), peppermint leaves (30%)
    • My review: Naturally very sweet. Best to make a pot (3+ cups) rather than one cup (otherwise, leave in for 1-2 min). As much as I like liquorice tea, I think I prefer something with more peppermint than liquorice.
  • Tesco: Finest Peppermint and Liquorice Tea Pyramid
    • Cost: £2.89
    • Sachets/temples per box: 15
    • Caffeine-free
    • Biodegradable tea pyramids
    • Ratio: Liquorice root (35%), Oregon peppermint (64%), blue mallow flowers
  • Twinings: Intensely Liquorice & Mint
    • Cost: £2.49
    • Sachets/temples per box: 20
    • Caffeine-free
    • Ratio: Liquorice root (20%), Peppermint (39.5%), Fennel seed (39.5%)
  • Whittard: Liquorice Twist
    • Cost: £6.50 or £10.50
    • Loose leaf tea: 50g
  • Yogi Tea (American): Licorice Mint
    • Cost: £Prices vary
    • Sachets/temples per box: 17
    • Caffeine-free
    • Ratio: Peppermint (43%), Liquorice (34%), cinnamon, cardamom (4%), ginger, cloves, black pepper, etc.

Let me know if there are other brands you’d recommend!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s