Last year, I visited the top four coffee chain stores (Blenz, Starbucks, Tim Horton’s, Waves) to try their Christmas/winter specials. Here’s a list of my favourites from each store!
Blenz (Vancouver only)
In 2014, there were 3 different colour schemes for each size.
- Chai Eggnog Latte – Chai tea + Eggnog = creamy chai tea latte!
- Creme Brûlée Latte – I generally avoid coffee because I dislike the taste but this is the one coffee latte that makes me forget that there’s coffee.
- Snowman cookie – This would also make a good present. 🙂
In 2014, there were only red-and-white and blue-and-white for each size (3) but each size had a different winter motif.
- Candy Cane Peppermint Hot Chocolate – Candy cane sprinkles make hot chocolate that much better!
- Coffee Cup & Timbits Ornaments – Yes, these aren’t edible but they make darling Christmas tree ornaments!
Waves (Vancouver only)
- Almond croissant – The award for best almond croissant still goes to Thomas Haas.
- Candy Cane Chocolate Muffin – Candy cane bits + chocolate chunks. Can’t resist it!
- Chai Nog – It is more costly but I prefer this Chai Nog over the Blenz Chai Eggnog for one reason: there’s spice in Waves’ holiday beverage!
- Chocolate croissant – This made a delicious breakfast!
- Christmas Fog – Sadly, I have no memory of what tea was used but I remembered it was still delicious.
- Pear cider – Pears are probably my favourite fruit and this cider kept me warm!
- Peppermint Nanaimo Bar – I am addicted to Nanaimo Bars and having candy cane pieces in the chocolate layer and peppermint filling in the middle made this bar an incredible treat!
Here’s hoping these specials will be brought back this year!