(This post is written for The Glosse Posse.)
[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”autopx” height=”” background_color=”#c9efd3″ border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” inside_shadow=”false” ]This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a very small compensation if you click on the link and when you purchase an item. This allows me to keep my site running. Thank you for your support![/dropshadowbox]
You’ve read my reviews but which products am I currently using? Take a look below!
Note: Products marked with asterisk* are in my Make-up Bag-to-go. This is my little Le Sportsac waterproof make-up bag I have that I carry with me to work or to my historical fashion modelling gigs.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion* – Now that I have this, I can wear my eyeliners without fear of smudging!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer* – I’m using a sample of this right now and the texture is very similar to Lancôme La Base Pro.
- Lancôme La Base Pro – This oil-free primer leaves a soft finish. I leave this at home as it’s in a glass container.
- CoverFX SPF 30 Protection Primer – Once I’m finished with my Smashbox sample primer, I’ll go back to using this vegan primer in my make-up bag-to-go. This has a velvet finish.
- Clinique Even Better Makeup* SPF 15 in Alabaster – This is my current foundation for my winter skin shade. This liquid foundation is meant for combination skin and has a slightly powdery finish. The 30ml plastic container is just right for my make-up bag-to-go.
- Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat SPF 19 in Beige 30 – This matched my skin shade last summer as my skin was starting to tan. It has a pleasant light fragrance (something like apple?) and illuminates the skin. Unfortunately, it is just too dewy for my combination skin in summer.
- Lancôme Teint Visionnaire Make-Up Duo SPF 20 in 250 Bisque – When summer comes around, I’ll be using one of my favourite foundations for any touch-ups. The concealer ‘cap’ can be carried in the Make-up bag-to-go.
- Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller* in Light – This is a fairly sheer hydrating and refreshing (it ‘wakes you up’) anti-dark circle eye roller. I prefer using this over Benefit Fake Up to cover the dark circles because the former is too creamy and makes it look like I have wrinkles.
- Benefit Fake Up* in Medium – I prefer using this creamy concealer to cover my blemishes and to highlight my brow bone and nose. On days when I don’t want to put on foundation, this is what I use on my face.
- Physicians Formula SexyBooster Sexy Glow Blush in pink – This cute powder blusher comes with a mirror and brush at the back. It is the drugstore dupe of Nars Orgasm.
- Bourjois Blush Exclusif* – This compact has a mirror and is a cream-to-powder blusher. It has a rosier/pinker tint to match my skin’s Ph. It’s currently in my make-up bag-to-go.
- Nars Orgasm Blush – The very name makes me blush but it has a bronzing pink glow. Comes in a square compact with mirror.
- Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder* – This white mattifying powder is great as a setting powder, especially for liquid foundations and oily skin. It does not whiten your skin, in case you’re wondering. I carry a small retractable foundation/bronzer brush from iBeauty.
- L’Oréal Voluminous Butterfly – This was my current mascara because it is waterproof and won’t smudge. However, it can clump lashes if you’re not careful.
- Clinique High Lengths – I love my mascara sample! The fine toothed wand gives you long lashes without clumping. The downside is that it’s not waterproof (hasn’t been an issue yet) and is probably not smudgeproof (smudge resistant perhaps).
- Lancôme L’Extrême* – This mascara defines and extends lashes like no other! It is currently my go-to mascara because it has the ability to bring out even the shortest lashes. This would be perfect if I had the waterproof mascara, but since this mascara was a gift, I can’t complain!
- Dejavu Fiberwig Paint-on False Lashes Extra Long – This is the perfect mascara for travelling. It’s super easy to wash off with water (no makeup remover needed). Because it’s fiber-extensions (tubes for lashes), it’s smudge proof. The down side is that it’s not waterproof and touching your lashes when it’s wet would encourage the fiberwig to come off.
- Cover Girl Clump Crusher Water Resistant – This is similar to the Butterfly but it’s not waterproof (I thought it was but it’s actually water-resistant).
- Too-Faced Long Stemmed Lashes Enhancing Serum & Eyeliner Duo – This may have been discontinued. One end has a serum for morning & night, the other has a liquid eyeliner to stimulate lash growth. The eyeliner is dark enough but because it’s liquid, you’ll need a steady hand. As for the serum, I’ve noticed some growth but I prefer using Lash Trio or Lipocils Expert.
- Kate Eyeliner Pen* – If I don’t have time, I use this in lieu of #19 as it’s a pen and it dries faster.
- Essence Eyebrow Designer* in dark brown (not the right image) – One of the cheapest and most convenient (comes with a brush cap) eyebrow pencils out there for my sparse eyebrows!
What’s in your makeup bag?