CONGRATULATIONS to HRH Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill on their wedding!
I’d initially planned on waking up to watch the Swedish royal wedding before ballet class but I’d miscalculated the time different and woke up two hours after the wedding had started. I decided to quickly skim through the tweets and photos to have an idea of what had happened during the wedding. I’ve just watched the live coverage this evening for the wedding ceremony, carriage ride, and arrival at Drottningholm Palace. For those of you who also missed out on today’s royal wedding, take a look at the links of photo galleries, articles, and blogs. I would like to thank my royal tweeters for their excellent live coverage!
There had been rumours that Princess Madeleine would wear Valentino and it turns out that the reports were correct! (see photo)
I’m pleased Princess Madeleine had a long train and veil. Sometimes you need fairytale weddings. 😉
I’d also like to point out that I love her smile. I’m very glad she didn’t try to ‘bleach’ her lips like some women do. It’s a lovely shade of pink and look at those pearly white teeth! 🙂
I liked Princess Madeleine’s white ball gown borrowed from her mother. Tulle embellished with crystals makes a ballerina fly!
The Family & Guests
Royal Hats created several posts on the wedding couple’s family and guests. Have a look!
- Bride’s Family & Extended Family
- Groom’s Family
- Must say I liked Eva O’Neill’s headpiece.
- Danish Royals
- German Royals
- Greek Royals
- Norwegian Royals
- Aside from Crown Princess Mette-Marit’s caplet, I think the gown was beautiful.
- Princess Märtha Louise’s gown reminded me of a late Victorian court dress. Loved it!
- Other Royals
- I really liked Princess Stephanie’s golden look!
- I thought Princess Hisako Takamado of Japan looked lovely in blue.
- Too bad Princess Charlene did not wear a taira.
- Royal Hats: Swedish Royal Wedding June 8, 2013 on Pinterest
- Zimbio photos (192)
- Zimbio photos (20)
- Official Photographs
SVT’s coverage on the Royal Wedding
This video is nearly 5 hours long. You can skip to 17:26 to see the guests entering the church.
- Princess Madeleine of Sweden weds American financier beau watched by audience of royal guests (DailyMail)
- Princess Madeleine wedding, news and photos (HELLO!)