If there’s one part of me that has always driven me insane, it’s my eyebrows.
When you look at other people, whether in person or on print (or online), perhaps you’re focusing on their skin, their eyes, or their lips. I look at the brows (not necessarily the first thing I notice). I envy beautiful brows. Some people never have to do anything to them and others, like me, have battled for years to keep the brows perfect.
STEP 1: What eyebrow shape is best for my face? (Refinery29.com)
- Find the Perfect Eyebrow Shape for your Faceshape (eyebrowz.com)
- thread – Threading is less painful than waxing and much better for you. 🙂
- wax – More painful and you might take some skin away!
- pluck – Time consuming and over plucking can lead to no growth! 😦
More info on these solutions from Yahoo.
STEP 2: Great, I have the eyebrow shape! 🙂 Something’s still not right (bald spots). What to do?!
I’ved tried 3 different brands for eyebrow and eyelash growth, all three of which worked well to a certain extent.
- RapidLash – meant for both lashes & brows and works within 4 weeks, I found this one to be painful around the eyes and it seemed to take more than 4 weeks to work.
- tarte’s multipEYE lash enhancer – meant for lashes and works within 6 weeks, I found this to be nearly as painful as RapidLash. I certainly noticed some growth after a month and a half.
- – This one comes with a mirror! Works within 28 days and I noticed a lot more growth. I didn’t like
- on my lashes so I switched the Eyelash for my brows, and Eyebrows for my lashes. Because Talika uses plant extracts, this was not painful to apply on my eyelashes. The one I’m currently using is called
- which is basically the combined version of Eyelash and Eyebrows. I use it on both my brows and lashes.
Alternative: 6 Home remedies to regrow your eyebrows (TimesofIndia.com)
- Eyebrow pencils – I prefer this because it seems to be faster and I can define my brows. Recommended is Bobbi Brown’s Brow Pencil, which comes off like eyebrow powder. I currently use Essence Eyebrow Designer pencil, which comes with a brush cap!
- Eyebrow powder – This is the natural look but it can take some time. Chanel’s all-in-one Le Sourcil de Chanel includes 3 shades, a brush, an applicator, a pair of tweezers and mirror. Similar to this are 1) Bobbi Brown’s Brow Kit and 2) Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set, which includes eyebrow shape templates! Both include 2 shades.
- Eyebrow gel – Brush your eyebrow hair over and keep it in place. I like Essence Lash and Brow Gel which is clear though coloured gels are also very convenient, such as Bobbi Brown’s Natural Brow Shaper & Hair Touch Up, Benefit’s Speed Brow, and Per-fekt’s Brow Perfection Gel.