Those bags under my eyes make me look like a panda or raccoon!
All the crying has given me puffy eyes!Eeks! A miniature volcano (aka pimple/zit) has appeared on my face!
What to do?!
In the past (during university), my solution was to cover my face with Vichy makeup:
- Concealing Anti-Imperfection Stick: This was great for the pimples that were just appearing on my face. There’s only one shade though so it stood out in the summer. At least pimples dried up and vanished more rapidly.
- Dermablend Corrective Foundation: Good bye dark circles, blemishes and uneven skin tone! Later, I found this too thick for my preference.
- Normaderm Teint Anti-Imperfection Foundations: Having a better but not quite perfect face day? This is my go-to foundation to cover the dark circles and treat the acne.
In my recent posts, you’ve read that I’ve been moving away from makeup. I’ve noticed that my skin has improved on its own (at its own pace), with the help of a better diet (especially cutting down on deep-fried foods and candy). Nevertheless, lack of proper sleep (sometimes due to stress) and snacking on junk food have brought on unwanted dark circles and acne. 😦 Here are some solutions I’ve found:
Dark Circles / Puffy Eyes:
- Simple: Revitalizing Eye Roll-On – Contains Vitamin B5, cucumber extract, glycerin. I can feel that the skin under my eyes is instantly smoother and I feel more awake!
- Garnier: Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller – Contains caffeine, lemon essence, and mineral pigments (shades for different skin tones). I’m not sure if this is makeup but my dark circles are gone!
- Garnier: Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller – Contains caffeine and Vitamin B5. I don’t think this game me the instant results I wanted but it is Canada’s #1 eye cream!
- Cucumber – Haven’t tried this yet.
- Eye masks – Skin around eyes feels softer and more refreshed.
- Tea-bags – Supposed to remove dark circles but I haven’t tried this yet.
- Tea Tree Oil – Natural treatment for blemishes.
- Clean & Clear: Advantage Acne Spot Treatment – Oil-free, contains salicylic acid acne medication. Use 2-3x/daily. Visible results in 4 hours (it’s as if the pimple(s) shrank!).
- Garnier: Pure SOS Anti-Imperfection Pen – Much like Clean & Clear’s with salicylic acid. I don’t recall being too impressed with this product but I think it helped.
- 12 simple tips for healthy skin (savilebeauty.wordpress.com) <<<
- 101 Skin Care Tips…from Adult Acne to Dry Skin to Cellulite! (blackboxcosmeticstn.com) <<<
- Beauty Crisis Control (dailyglow.com)
- Dark Circles: Prevention and Treatment (dailyglow.com)
- Beauty Tips: How To Get Rid Of Pimples (glitzghana.com)