Update (10 June 2013): I’ve added 2 new products! Remember, Top = BEST, bottom = LEAST FAVOURITE or NOT BENEFICIAL.
My skin type: Normal/Combo – oilier in the summer, dryer in the winter.
A month ago, I wrote a post on make-up but clearly, we need to know how to take care of our skin first! This time, however, I will not be comparing products that Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, uses. You’ll be able to find those details in Purple Daisies’ blogpost! Also, this time I’m lazier so I’ll be recommending products (in order of preference – best at the top, least at the bottom) that I’ve tried or currently use. When I was in uni and didn’t have much money to spend, I went for the cheapest options, such as Balea and Nivea, which happened to be cheaper in Germany (when I studied abroad). Now that I’m working, Seacret is currently my main brand (however, I do try to choose from different brands). The product quantity is good for an entire year. Some of the Seacret products I’ve bought will last me more than a year! It’s expensive but if you calculate the number of times you’ve bought refills over 12 months, it’s not too bad!
Feel free to ask me about products that you’re interested in trying for more details!
- Garnier: Pure 3 in 1 – This is one of my favourites. Depending on whether or not you add water, you can use it as a mask, an exfoliator, or a cleanser.
- Alternate: Balea: Soft & Care 3in1 (combo skin) – Didn’t work as well as Garnier.
- Seacret: Purifying Peeling Milk with apricot seeds (all skins) – Very gentle on skin and smells lovely!
- EVE LOM: Morning Time Cleanser – Cleanses your face and wakes you up! NEW!
- L’Occitane: Immortelle Brightening Foaming Cleanser – I did notice a difference in my complexion.
- Elemis: Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash (anti-ageing) – Similar to L’Occitane’s but leaves skin a bit softer.
- Elemis: Pro-radiance Cream Cleanser (anti-ageing)
- Seacret: Mud soap (daily – face & body) – Acts as an exfoliator too!
- Balea: Normal/Combo skin gel wash
- Bioneo: Beauty-manifold Extract Essence – From Germany
- 360 Skin Care: Lavender Mint DMAE Firming Serum – This really wakes me up when I put it under my eyes!
- Seacret: Essential Nutrition Eye Gel (all skins)
- L’Occitane: Angelica Hydration Cream – Natural, nice fragrance, hydrated and baby soft skin!
- Burt’s Bees: Radiance Day Creme – Royal treatment for the face indeed. My face is smooth and I have a natural non-oily glow! 🙂
- Origins: Vitazing SPF 15 – Acts as a tinted moisuriser too!
- B Kamins: Nutrient Replacement Cream (morning & night, alone or as supplement)
- Nivea: Visage Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Care – Beautiful fragrance, wonderful product! There’s also one for dry to sensitive skin which has Argan oil & chamomille in it.
- Alternate: Nivea: Light Moisturising Day Care (normal to combo) – Lotus fragrance and similar to Pure & Natural.
- Alternate: Seacret: Intensive Moisture face cream (normal to dry) – Nice texture.
- Alternate: Garnier: Moisture Rescue
- Alternate: Balea: Normal/Combo skin (blue) – Similar to Nivea’s, minus fragrance.
- Nivea: Aqua Sensation Day Creme – Mind you don’t touch your skin so often!
Alternate: Vichy: Aqualia Thermal 24hr Hydrating Fortifying Lotion SPF 30 – Same issue as above.
Lancome: Renergie Lift Volumetry (anti-ageing, normal/combo) – I think I’m too young for this. Don’t fancy the smell either.
- Elemis: Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask (anti-ageing) – You will wake up instantly!
- Seacret: Mineral-Rich Peeling Gel (all skins) – Step 1: peels off dead skin
- Seacret: Mineral-Rich Clarifying [Dead Sea] Mud Mask – Step 2: super soft skin afterwards!
- Lush: Face Masks – My favourite is Sacred Truth!
- L’Occitane: Angelica Instant Hydration Mask
- Alternate: Origins: Drink Up (moisturising)
- Vichy: Purete Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Cleanser – You get to remove your make-up and have a soft, cleansed, toned, and hydrated face – without washing. This is definitely my favourite make-up remover that doesn’t hurt!
- Eve Lom: Cleanser – I use this as a make-up remover (when I’m not too lazy to use the above-mentioned product). I love how soft my skin feels afterwards!
- NIVEA: Express Eye Make-Up Remover – This is perfect for those tough waterproof mascaras. I’ve tried other eye make-up removers that have taken some lashes with them. This doesn’t. 🙂
- Almay: oil free makeup eraser sticks – This is the must-have in your cosmetics bag for those uh-oh on-the-go moments! Good for sensitive skin. NEW!
Shower gel / soap / body scrub
- Bronnley: Lily of the Valley Soap – Royal Warrant by Queen Elizabeth II & Prince of Wales! This is my other scent. 🙂
- L’Occitane: Verbena Shower Gel
- Balea: Honey & Milk Cream Soap
- Alternate: Gilchrist & Soames: Skincare bar – Smells delightful!
- Anatomicals: Rose and Jasmine Body Cleanser – Love this smell on me too!
- Premier: Dead Sea Aromatic Mineral Body Treatment
- Gilchrist & Soames: Stimulating Sea Wrack Body Wash
- Anything organic (olive, rose, sandalwood, etc.)
- Schick Intuition (any) – Convenient, conditioning solid lasts longer than Venus’
- Alternate: Venus: Breeze or Embrace – 4-5 blades are the best.
- Seacret: Pomegranate Body Lotion
- Ren: Moroccan Rose Otto Body Cream
- L’Occitane: Verbena Body Lotion
- Elemis: Skin Nourishing Hand & Body Lotion
- Burt’s Bees: Radiance Body Lotion – Your skin glistens like glitter! 😛
- Elemis: Skin Nourishing Milk Bath (lotion/bath)
- Gilchrist & Soames: Relaxing Sea Fennel Body Lotion
- St. Ives: Daily Hydrating Cucumber & Melon
- How to wash your face like you’re some kind of princess! (thebeautygypsy.com)
- The Dowager Countess Would Approve Of This Downton-Inspired Face Mask (refinery29.com)
- Winter Skin Care Routine (into-mind.com)
- Glow through the chill: The best gentle winter cleansers (metro.co.uk)
- The Skin Care Secret We All Can Use (dailyglow.com)
- Five Daily Skin Habits to Start Now (dailyglow.com)
- Combination Skin (dailyglow.com)
- Best Skin care and Makeup Tips for Oily Skin (forallwomentoknow.blogspot.com)
- Beauty Secrets from around the world (besthealthmag.ca)