Eyebrows are such an important part of your face. They help define your eyes and can change your appearance if you switch styles. I grew up with the ugliest brows that made me look even more hideous than I already was. At 12, I tried to fix my brows but for the next 10+ years, I would often fail when experimenting with different styles.
I still hope that I’ll be able to have the perfect brows for my face some day.
Prior to 2011, I’d always plucked on my own and have them waxed at a salon. In 2011, I discovered threading at Deux Chic in Vancouver, BC, where the women did a phenomenal job – and it was less painful! They have, by the way, a weekly special on Tuesdays for threading for $5 CAD!
Today, I tried the Bombay Brow Bar at Shangri-La and received some tips on what to do with my brows.
The lady helped redefine my arch and remove stray hairs but reminded me not to overpluck and to let my brows grow. I spent more than I usually would, $23 CAD (average price for threading around Vancouver is $10+), which includes:
- brow gossip (suggestions)
- brow massage with rosewater eye gel (this was my favourite part, as it’s not just a brow massage but a head one too)
- make-up for brows, with a gel to keep it in place (i.e. they do it for you; you don’t get free make-up :P)
Threading is recommended over waxing so if you’re planning on having your eyebrows fixed, find a place that threads!
- Get Celebrity-Inspired Eyebrows (dailyglow.com)
- Grooming Your Brows Like a Pro (dailyglow.com)
- That beauty moment: Audrey Hepburn’s new brow (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)