Welcome to my blog! Willkommen auf meinem Blog! Bienvenue sur mon blog!
You have found yourself in my world and can’t seem to make sense of these random portals. Take a look at the navigation glossary and continue on your way! 🙂
- World of Costume: Anything to do with costumes, be it for dress-up or period dramas or Disney (and fantasy too)! Check sub-pages for costumed movies, TV series, music videos, promos & commercials, as well as costumed performing arts (ballet, opera, musical theatre, stage theatre). I’ve also included royalty portrayed in film and historical fiction in this category.
- Beauty*: Make-up, skin & hair care, self-image, and more.
- Fashion: Dresses, hats, shoes, accessories – historical to present day.
- Travels: Tourist(y) sites & info in Canada & Europe (including the UK). Includes royal residences in Europe.
- Lifestyle: My thoughts, opinions, activities, recommendations, and more.
- Favourite Quotes: Be inspired 🙂
- Shop: Items from my closet and home that you might like.
What do all these topics have to do with with each other?
Although this blog is dominantly a period drama source, I believe that all my interests (costumes & costume dramas, health & beauty, fashion, lifestyle, and travel) are related. They all have to do with beauty:
- makeup, health, and inner beauty: the beauty of making ourselves beautiful inside and out
- costumes & fashion: the beauty of historical, theatrical, and formal clothing and accessories
- costume dramas & historical fiction: the beauty of an imaginary world or a time we wish we’d lived in
- philanthropy & environment: the beauty of caring for or supporting the disadvantaged and the earth in which we live
- travel, culture, languages: the beauty of discovering new places, cultures, and languages in the world
About the Blogger
- Why I started this blog
- This was and still is my space to perfect my writing skills. I started blogging for the Duke of Edinburgh Award – Skills section (2006 – 21 July 2013).
- Prior to deleting Facebook, I kept my friends updated on upcoming period dramas by sharing Enchanted Serenity’s Facebook page posts. After I deleted my account in 2013, I created my period drama pages to keep myself updated on all the past and upcoming historical/costume dramas. Now I dedicate the majority of my blogging time to my period drama pages and posts.
- Who is the Lady? Like many little girls, I adored [the late] Diana, Princess of Wales, and the classic Disney Princesses. Inspired by their gracefulness and especially their kind heart, I was determined to become a princess. When I realised that I might never become a princess (for lack of beauty), I decided that I would become a lady: to move as gracefully as a ballerina and to treat everyone with love with love and respect.
- My favourite flower is the Rose. I prefer blood-red roses also like Classic Cezanne roses. The Rose also symbolises Christ, without whom I would not be here today.
- I love history so I try to do my best to learn about and share the history of buildings, beauty and fashion brands I enjoy.
- *Beauty Review Facts:
- Lashes: straight, sparse
- Hair: never dyed, digitally permed in 2015, naturally straight, medium (between fine and coarse)
- Skin type: combination (oilier in T-zone) – oilier during summer and normal/dry during winter, no wrinkles, minimal breakouts, dark spots
- Skin tone: medium : YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat in Beige 30 (winter/spring) | Lancôme Teint Visionnaire in 250 Bisque (summer tan) | Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Bisque (winter) | Vichy Normaderm Teint in 25 Nude (winter)
- I grew up as a Third Culture Kid and am currently located in Munich, Germany.
- Due to my upbringing, I use Canadian/British English spelling and words.
- I will be one of the few, if not the only, bloggers who will never be using Facebook as a social medium. I am done with it. Read why here.
Other blog: Little Europe in Vancouver: An online European community/guide in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Twitter now run by another user.