This month, I tested seven new skincare products, half of which were samples.
- Caudalie – Make-up Removing Cleansing Oil: This was a free birthday gift from Space NK. I don’t usually like using cleansing oil on my face because I find it takes longer to wash off. I use this to remove waterproof mascara only with one or two drops.
- Superdrug – Clearly Youthful Resurfacing Night Serum: I bought this thinking it was a ‘day’ serum to treat the blemish scars. Not only is this product affordable, I’ve found this serum is effective in fading scars. Plus skin feels much smoother too!
- Nip + Fab Exfoliate – Glycol Fix Daily Cleansing Pads: I bought a travel-size container and thought that the small pads had enough Glycolic Acid for two uses. Although these can be used twice daily, I use these once a day, once a week. I think this would be great to bring on a camping trip or for travelling.
- Nip + Fab Skin – Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum: When I saw Dragon’s Blood, I thought this product was the drugstore dupe for Rodial’s Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel. It isn’t. It does not smell as sweet as Rodial and I didn’t notice anything different after using the product. I will not be buying this again.
- NIVEA – Creme Care Cleansing Cream Wash: This is basically the original Nivea cream used as a cleanser. It won’t remove waterproof makeup so I used my sample as a daily cleanser. Although I liked this product, I wouldn’t go out to purchase this product. I’d rather buy the cream and use it as a moisturiser and cleanser.
- L’Occitane – Creme Divine: This anti-ageing cream is not heavy, oily, or too drying. The floral scent is soothing and makeup can be worn over the cream. It is too expensive for me but the sample of 1.5ml lasts at least 2 weeks.
- L’Occitane – Divine Youth Oil: My suggestion for this product is to apply it without any serums. You might not even need cream on top because I find it quite moisturising on its own. Maybe this is better suited for this with mature skin.