Last year, I visited the top four coffee chain stores (Blenz, Starbucks, Tim Horton’s, Waves) to try their Christmas/winter specials. Here’s a list of my favourites from each store!
Blenz (Vancouver only)
In 2014, there were 3 different colour schemes for each size.
- Chai Eggnog Latte – Chai tea + Eggnog = creamy chai tea latte!
- Creme Brûlée Latte – I generally avoid coffee because I dislike the taste but this is the one coffee latte that makes me forget that there’s coffee.
- Snowman cookie – This would also make a good present. 🙂
In 2014, there were only red-and-white and blue-and-white for each size (3) but each size had a different winter motif.
- Candy Cane Peppermint Hot Chocolate – Candy cane sprinkles make hot chocolate that much better!
- Coffee Cup & Timbits Ornaments – Yes, these aren’t edible but they make darling Christmas tree ornaments!
Waves (Vancouver only)
- Almond croissant – The award for best almond croissant still goes to Thomas Haas.
- Candy Cane Chocolate Muffin – Candy cane bits + chocolate chunks. Can’t resist it!
- Chai Nog – It is more costly but I prefer this Chai Nog over the Blenz Chai Eggnog for one reason: there’s spice in Waves’ holiday beverage!
- Chocolate croissant – This made a delicious breakfast!
- Christmas Fog – Sadly, I have no memory of what tea was used but I remembered it was still delicious.
- Pear cider – Pears are probably my favourite fruit and this cider kept me warm!
- Peppermint Nanaimo Bar – I am addicted to Nanaimo Bars and having candy cane pieces in the chocolate layer and peppermint filling in the middle made this bar an incredible treat!