Update: I’ve compiled a list of Christmas events around Vancouver for December 2012. I have now pushed the past events to the bottom of the post. These do not include: the Lights of Hope by St Paul’s, the free Robson Square ice skating, charitable drives, or most craft fairs (see community list here).
Thank you to @SuperVancouver, @Miss604, and @VancityBuzz for some of the Christmas events! 🙂
- 24 November – 24 December (11AM-9PM): Vancouver Christmas Market– Queen Elizabeth Plaza — $2-5
- 25 November (2-6:30PM): Bulgarian Day
- 27 November (4-6PM): Vancouver Westside German School’s Flashmob Dance
- 29 November
- Ballet BC Day
- 7PM: Swiss Choir
- 1 December 2 December: (4:30-7PM): Polish Zgoda Polonez Dance Troupe
- 2-6:30PM: Ukrainian Day
- 7PM: Dal Richards Band
- 5 December (7-9PM): A French Christmas with Rejean Bussieres
- 7 December (4:30PM): Vancouver Bach Choir
- 8 December (12-6:30PM): German Day
- 9 December (12-6:30PM): Swiss Day
- 11 December (7-9PM): Estonian Day
- 14 December
- Alliance Francaise de Vancouver Day
- 4:30-6PM: Clarion Highland Dance Studio
- 15 December16 December (12-2PM): Portuguese Folklore & Dance
- 12-4PM: Dutch Day
- 1-2PM: Biggest Christmas Carol Sing-Along
- 19 December (7-9PM): A French Christmas with Rejean Bussieres
- 24 November – 24 December: The Peack of Christmas – Grouse Mountain — $13.95-39.95
- (9am-10pm): SOS Children’s Gingerbread Village Stroll through and vote for your favourite sweet creation.
- (9am-10pm): ‘Picture Yourself’ as a Reindeer See what you would look like as a reindeer before jumping on the Skyride.
- (12-8pm): Santa’s Workshop Meet Santa in person to share those holiday wishes.
- (11am-8pm): Antler Decorating & Reindeer Tattoos Decorate your own antlers and get a reindeer tattoo at the entrance to the Spirit Gallery Gift Store.
- (9am-10pm): Visit Dancer and Vixen Meet two of Santa’s reindeer in the Wildlife Refuge.
- (9am-10pm): Outdoor Ice Skating Enjoy the crisp mountain air as you glide atop our magical 8,000 square foot skating pond.
- (Fridays, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm; Weekends and Dec. 17-24, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 2pm, 3:30pm, 5pm, 7pm): Holly the Jolly Reindeer Show See if Holly has what it takes to be one of Santa’s reindeer.
- (Monday-Thursday until Dec 13th 11:30am, 3pm): Reindeer Ranger Talks Learn about our two reindeer Dancer and Vixen.
- (9am-9pm, weather permitting): Mountaintop Sleigh Rides Embark on a magical ride through our Winter Wonderland. On Standby
- (9:30am-9pm): Reindeer Christmas FavouritesWatch fun family Christmas movies on the big screen in our mountaintop theatre.
- 15 December (1PM & 4PM): Skate with Champions
“Learn to skate with world champion Karen Magnussen & friends. Photos and autographs available.“
- 15 December (5:30PM): Skating Gala with Karen and Friends
Karen Magnussen and other top local and international skaters show off their skills.
- 24 November – 4 January (’til 14th: 12-4:30 /from 15th: 12-9PM)* CLOSED Christmas Eve & Day: Heritage Christmas – Burnaby Village — FREE
- 29 November – 1 January 2013: Bright Nights in Stanley Park – Stanley Park — $5.50-10
Miniature train through Stanley Park with lots of Christmas lights all around!
- 1 December – 5 January (4-9PM)* CLOSED Christmas Day: Capilano Suspension Bridge Christmas Lights – Capilano Suspension Bridge — $12-31.95
There’s a free shuttle from Canada Place to the Capilano Suspension Bridge every hour on the hour.
- 1 December (10AM-2PM): Christmas Bazaar – St Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church (1573 East 18th Avenue)
- 1 December (4-7PM): Brighten Up! A Lantern Affair – Place des Arts’ Carré Heritage Square (1120 Brunette Avenue, Coquitlam) — FREE
Various multicultural activities for children and adults with live music.
- 1 December: Chez Nous: Christmas with Elektra— $15-28
- 2PM – Queens Avenue United Church (529 Queens Ave)
- 7:30PM – Ryerson United Church (2195 W45 Ave)
- 2 December (4:30PM): Community Carol Sing – First Baptist Church (969 Burrard St)
- 6 December (8PM): Tallis Scholars’ Christmas Concert – Chan Centre (6265 Crescent Road) — $32-63
- 7 December (5:30-7PM): O Christmas Tree Community Celebration – SW corner of Kingsway & BroadwayFREE hot chocolate, candy canes, children chorus, Santa, hand-made decorations by children.
- 14, 15 December (5:30-9:30PM): Opera Angels Heard on High – Pan Pacific Hotel — $70 + tax
Opera with dinner buffet.
- 7-30 December (6:30PM) *EXCEPT Christmas Day: Vancouver Trolley’s Karaoke Christmas Lights – Vancouver Christmas Market (Hamilton St) — $25-40+
Runs daily. 3hrs long, incl. entrance to 1st stop: Stanley Park’s Bright Nights & 2nd stop: VanDusen Festival of Lights. Prices vary, based on package chosen (7 to choose from).
- 7 December – 1 January (4:30-9PM)* CLOSED Christmas Day: The Festival of Lights – VanDusen Botanical Garden — $7.75-14.25
- 8 December (10AM-4PM): Marché de Noël – Alliance Française
- 9 December (1PM): Rogers Santa Claus Parade – W Georgia St & Broughton
- 13 December (6-9AM): Christmas Wish Breakfast – Pan Pacific Hotel
Donate a toy (something teens will enjoy too!) and enjoy a breakfast buffet!
- 13 December (1-4PM): Barclay Heritage Square Christmas Celebrations – Roedde House
Music, snacks, free admission to Roedde House.
- 13-15 December (4 or 7:30PM): VSO presents A Traditional Christmas – St Andrew’s Wesley Church — $33-38
- 15 December: Community Christmas Craft Fair – Woodward’s (126 W Hastings St)
Supports low-income women from the DTES.
- 14 (8PM), 15-16 (3PM) December: Vancouver Chamber Choir’s A Dylan Thomas Christmas – Ryerson United Church
- 16 December (11AM-2PM): Christmas Market – Patio of Market [by Jean Georges] at Shangri-La Vancouver (1128 W Georgia St)
Christmas Market, Children’s Afternoon Tea, Brunch with Benefits, Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony with performance by 6 y.o. piano prodigy.
- 19-23 December: Goh Ballet presents The Nutcracker with principal dancers from New York City Ballet– Centre in Vancouver for Pacific Arts — $30-95
- 24 November (11AM): Preview of Nutcracker & Storytime – Chapters on Granville
- 24 November (2:30PM): Preview of Nutcracker & Story time – Chapters on Robson
- 22 December (2PM): Vancouver Cantata Singers’ A Christmas Reprise – Holy Rosary Cathedral (646 Richards St) – $18
- 23 December (3PM): Festive Bach Cantatas for Christmas – Chan Centre — $32-63
- 23 December (7:30PM): Winter Harp – St Andrew’s-Wesley United Church
- 15-18 November (10AM-6PM): Christmas at Hycroft – Hycroft Manor (1489 McRae Ave.)
- 23-24 November: CandyTown, A Yaletown Holiday Festival – between Davie & Nelson St. FREE.
- (Fri 3-9PM / Sat 12-9PM): Free Outdoor Ice Skating– Scotiabank Yaletown Ice Rink (1152 Mainland St)
- (3-9PM): Horse-drawn carriage rides
- (3-9PM): All I want for Christmsa Street Market
- (6-9PM): CandyTown Cocktail tour
- 24 November (12-3PM): Trevor Lindon will sign autographs and join in skating activities
- (Sat 1-5PM): Reindeer barn
- 24 November (12-4PM): German-Canadian Benevolent Society presents the Annual Christmas Bazaar – German-Canadian Care Home (2010 Harrison Drive)
- 24-25 November: Portobello West Holiday Market – Creekside Community Centre — $2
- European Christmas Events: Nov-Dec 2012 (europeanvancouver.wordpress.com)
- 3rd Annual Community Christmas Craft Fair on Sat Dec 15th in Vancouver Downtown Eastside (DTES) (ahamedia.ca)
- Vancouver Christmas Market to return for third year (vancitybuzz.com)