CONGRATULATIONS Luxembourg on your new Hereditary Grand Duchess!
CONGRATULATIONS to HGD Guillaume on your marriage to your lovely bride!
Today, on 20 October 2012, the Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg married Stephanie, Countess of Lannoy. The religious wedding ceremony took place at 11AM at the Cathedrale Notre Dame de Luxembourg. The bride wore Elie Saab with a 4m / 13-ft train, all decorated with a silver floral motif! Her head was adorned with the Lannoy family tiara, dating back to 1878.
Unfortunately, I detest orange, but blue & orange are the traditional colours of the House of Nassau. On the other hand, I had a feeling the new HGD and I would share similar tastes in clothing and could almost envision what she would wear to her wedding. I only hoped she would not pick something that I had in mind for mine (when the day comes, of course!). I’d like to pat myself on the back for being pretty close. 🙂
After the wedding came the balcony kiss (see video here). If you watch the video, you can easily see the Prince could not resist kissing his bride many times. Crowd was clearly VERY pleased. 🙂
- Music selection
- List of sites with Photos
- Photos from MyRoyals – Hollywood
- Photos of wedding guests via MyRoyals – Hollywood
- The Luxembourg Royal Wedding (theroyalpost.com)
- The 500,000 euro wedding: Belgian countess shimmers in breathtaking lace dress as she marries heir to the Luxembourg throne in lavish ceremony (dailymail.co.uk)
- Luxembourg’s Royal Wedding: HGD Guillaume & Stéphanie (ladyandtherose.wordpress.com)
- Luxembourg’s Royal Wedding Eliminates Europe’s Last Bachelor Heir (forbes.com)
- Crowned heads attend Luxembourg royal wedding (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Photos: Luxembourg Celebrates Their Own Royal Wedding (abcnews.go.com)
- Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg and Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg are married in royal wedding (photos.mercurynews.com)
- Luxe (but Kate-less) in Luxembourg: Fashion Choices for a Royal Wedding (whatwouldkatedo.com)